Thursday, June 22, 2006

Honoring the Wrong War in the Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Comment read into the Congressional Record - Senate, June 21, 2006, S6261 by Senator John Kerry:
When I heard those two guys were captured, my heart sank because I immediately envisioned the worst. The worst happened. I thought about them throughout that time period, until they were found. I was not surprised that they were brutalized in the most horrific, disgraceful way, and may I add-and I know the Senator knows this-in ways that contravene every law of warfare. But I believe we have a better chance of honoring what they went there for and what all of our soldiers have died for, given something for, if we adopt a policy of reality.
"Honoring what they went there for"?!? Does the Senator want to honor them for going to "the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time", the label he applied to the war during the 2004 Presidential campaign? After all, Kerry wants to go back to a the time where terrorists were just a nuisance; the nuisance of flying planes into skyscrapers, the nuisance of the U.S.S. Cole, the nuisance of the Beslan massacres, the nuisance of innocents like Nicolas Berg being beheaded simply because they want to help the Iraqis, the nuisance of Iraqi school buses and elderly homes being blown up.

Senator Kerry's rhetoric reveals his lack of moral clarity, courage, and credibility on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment