Saturday, May 21, 2005

Entertainment?!? Tonight

I don't usually watch ET (Entertainment Tonight) but thought there might be some information on the Star Wars movie. Instead, I was treated to the top story on ET, the wedding of Mary Kay Letourneau and Vili Fualaau.

Letourneau was convicted of child rape for having a sexual relationship with Fualaau when he was 12. As far as I am concerned Letourneau had issues, she did something wrong, did irreparable harm to her then family and to his. She has paid the penalty for her crime and she is moving on by marrying her victim.

Why exactly is ET involved at all. What exactly about this is Entertainment? The woman is famous for child molestation. And ET has her wedding set-up as the lead-in followed by interviews with her and Fualaau (although, I'm not sure you'd call his few words an interview) then later in the program other spicey tidbits about the soon to be newlyweds.

Sorry, I didn't make it past the first five minutes so I can't report on the rest of the sh-ow. Hey, let's dumb down our audience. Sad to say, they probably had a large audience who was riveted to their sets. Which may provide some insight into our current Age of Stupidity. Safe to say, I learned my lesson regarding watching ET (Excretment Tv).

No comments:

Post a Comment